Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Bear Hotel Hungerford 2014

Whilst the sunshine in the UK was surprisingly pleasant yesterday, I was up at the historic Bear Hotel in Hungerford, capturing their recently furbished interiors. Perhaps not the best day to pick to do an interior shoot, but it was fine with me. The excellent light outside gave me excellent light to work with inside.

I have many photos to go through and process but here is an early result from my shoot yesterday. I was inspired to capture the main restaurant from this angle, as I saw a sepia photograph hanging on the wall in the restaurant, which had obviously been taken decades ago. The room looked slightly different then, there used to be a bar where the blackboard area of the photo above is, but the picture itself was all the inspiration I needed to produce a 2014 'update'.

This is an HDR image taken from 3 exposures, post-processed in Lightroom, Photomatix and Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Pete! Great natural feel to this with the light pouring in through that right hand window. Very well processed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim, many thanks for the comment! This wasn't good bad to process as there were no windows in the shot, which is not the same for some other shots I'm working on at the moment. Trying to my way round processing interior HDR shots with bright windows. Not easy!

    ReplyDelete