Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer by the River

Well it couldn't last really could it? We had a fairly nice spell of weather in England recently (and hey I'm an optimist but I don't think it was quite as nice as everyone makes out, still I don't complain) and sure enough just as we thought we may get a summer this year, it leaves us again. Enough of the cynicism anyway, I'm sure there is plenty of nice weather to come.

It's one of my missions this summer to capture the British countryside in the summer weather, and while that may seem ambitious, I am a sucker for a photograph of a beautiful sunny day. Such as this scene I pictured recently within the grounds of the Newbury Manor Hotel. The river that runs through it is the River Kennet, and a drink to be had alongside this river on a sunny day is not to be missed.

This is a 5 shot HDR picture, crafted in the fairly typical, Lightroom, Photomatox, Photosho process, though like most of my pictures have these days, there is a subtle touch of Topaz Adjust in there as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pete!

    This looks a wonderful place to relax (when the sun shines!)

    Lovely processing here, very natural. It has a postcard look about it. Nice.

    Oh, and apparently the sun is going to shine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Tim! Apologies for the ridiculous lack of delay with my acknowledgement.

    ReplyDelete