Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Old Farmhouse

Luckily we had a small break in the blanket cloud cover we have had in England the last couple of weeks, for me to capture this picture yesterday. This came out of a project I have been given recently to take some pictures for postcards of Woolton Hill, which was the village I grew up in. The brief was to capture Woolton Hill in summertime and I was fortunately able to complete most of the pictures a few weeks ago when we had a heatwave. The brief sunny weather yesterday allowed me to complete the pictures I intended to get for this project.

This farmhouse is actually just outside Woolton Hill near a neighbouring village called East Woodhay. I don't think I will be using this picture for the project, mainly because it's obviously somebody's property and I would in a normal world, probably need permission to print. I was intrigued by this scene though as I was driving round narrow country lanes, hoping that a scene would jump out at me. It would have perhaps looked more perfect at sunrise but I'll plan that one maybe for another time!

3 comments:

  1. Nice HDR Pete! Great leading line in and those colours pop!

    Good luck with the postcard project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great HDR Pete! Lovely, vivid details! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your thoughts Tim and Adam, I really appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete