Thursday, July 26, 2012

Creaky Steps to the Lake

There are many pictures like this on Flickr, the little pier going off into the lake and I was never sure whether to post this picture because of that. Most of the ones you see on Flickr are beautifully straight, wonderfully crafted piers but I was not blessed with one of those in this case. This is in south west Poland, a region I shall shortly be revisiting twice in the next couple of months, the second time of which to get married and though I have my priorities fully in order, it will also give me an opportunity to take D700 abroad and hopefully capture some great landscapes.

I did do a vertical portrait shot of this scene, as so many of these pictures are on Flickr, but I found it much more interesting with the boats and the landscape in. I feel it perhaps does make up for the unspectacular pier. Perhaps if my Photoshop skills were better, I could have straightened out the pier a bit more, but overall I'm happy with it. It was never going to be easy with the risk of making the boats look unbalanced on the water, which would have looked obvious. Anyway, not going to bang a drum about it but I have something new to show on Sunday, so if you have a spare couple of minutes, do come back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment