Sunday, January 20, 2013

Reflections of 2012


January I know has been a bit of a quiet month for me on this blog. Amateur photographers all go through periods of more and less activity, and January for me has just been one of those times where I have needed a bit of focus on other elements of life. Needless to say, I have created a slideshow (as promised) of what I consider the best images I posted during 2012.

Slideshows of my images have always been a big ambition of mine for photography. Created well, they can give someone a very quick but big overview of your work, and of course it's another creative element to the presentation of your photography. I have not created many slideshows, due to the fact that presenting them on the web does not give the work a great quality. I create all slideshows in 1080p HD but you only really notice this if you use youtube or another format through an HD TV, as it seems to render them beautifully. I've stated before that I love watching HD photography shows on TV via youtube, and so if you get the opportunity to watch programmes this way, I thoroughly recommend it.

The slideshow you see today is pretty much step-by-step created using Scott Kelby's Adobe Lightroom 4 book, a wonderful addition to using Lightroom should you have it. I especially took on the advice to crop all the images into a square format, to have that more fine art look. Slideshows will be something I create a few more of in the near future and I already have a couple more in the works.

I probably don't say this enough, but thank you for stopping by, I will be back with another image on this blog tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Nice slideshow Pete!

    A few images in there I haven't seen before. Lovely soothing music and cracking quality in 1080p.

    I will look to produce something like this at the end of this year. Better make sure I get plenty of material!

    ReplyDelete