Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Most Famous Club in the World

Ok so I know I have posted a few old pictures recently but there are 2 reasons for posting this one today. Firstly, it has been absolutely hectic recently and I have not had a lot of time to process a new picture and have it up and ready to go. Secondly, I am very excited about the new look to this blog, that I want to fill it with some of my own 'classics'. I've been trying to tinker with the look and size of the pictures on this blog for quite a while and it all came together on Sunday. Some of you may know that I have had a smugmug site (HalewoodPhotographic.com) for quite a long time but haven't really been able to make much use of it. Well suddenly now it is very useful, as basically the pictures you see on this site are imported from my smugmug site, which has always been one of the best possible ways to view pictures on the net. So now I can make them look great on this website and present them in a much better and bigger size as well. Therefore, there will be some further 'classics' (my opinion I know) to appear in the near future but I will get round to posting new pictures on Thursday. For now I hope you enjoy this HDR picture, I posted this one especially as it is always one of the more popular ones at the exhibitions I have done.

I'm going to do a 'Downton Abbey Special' this weekend, posting one picture of Highclere Castle on the Saturday and another one on the Sunday. I have never watched the show myself but I know that the photos I have produced of the castle have always been well received and sold well, due perhaps to the success of Downton Abbey (which if you didn't know is modelled on Highclere Castle, a famous country manor about 5 minutes from where I live). So the 'Downton Abbey' special will be for all the fans of the show, especially those who have used my Highclere Castle pictures before on their blogs, tumblrs, pinterest sites etc. Every one I have seen has always credited me for the picture so in that sense I don't mind at all.

2 comments:

  1. That's much better Pete! Loving the bigger images. As a big Beatles fan it's always nice to see pictures of The Cavern Club, especially processed like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, glad you like the new look!

      Delete