Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Red Café

French for the very beginners now, yes I know that Café Rouge is easily translated into Red Café. I thought it was perhaps a bit too obvious to simply call the picture Café Rouge. It is one of my ambitions in life to speak French though. Currently I'm learning Polish as I am marrying a Polish lady in September and getting married there too. But French is a language I've been learning since I was about 11 and can hardly speak a word of it still. It was the country that gave me my passion for photography though and I want to spend a lot more time there in the future.

This picture was taken nowhere near France however. In fact, only about 7 miles away from where I live, in the town mainly famous for Vodafone, Newbury. I like Newbury for it's ambition though, this restaurant is one of the latest venues to open up in the new and modern Parkway shopping centre, a development that has been many years in the making. I took this picture last Sunday evening and was one of the first new pictures I took in over a month. It is an HDR from the standard 3 shots and I'm very pleased how this one turned out. Now where's their number, there's got to be some money to be made here!......

3 comments:

  1. Nice Pete! I like the way that red or tones of red radiate from the centre surrounded by the dark vignette. Two or three of these places in and around Bristol. Nice food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the slightly retro look to the processing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the comments, as always very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete