Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Modern Liverpool

Continuing last weeks theme of not being able to name buildings I choose to display on this website, the internet has now failed me in finding the name of this stunning modern building in Liverpool. I'm much more confident finding the name of this one, so if anyone does know it, then please let me know! It's a bit embarrassing for me to not be able to name buildings in Liverpool, with all my family history based there, but Liverpool has been rapidly developing and modernising in recent years. Of course the building in the background is the legendary Liver Building and this area is right down by the waterfront, next to the Albert Docks.

As a lot of my pictures are, this was largely post processed in Lightroom with a bit of layer masking and 'fixing' in Photoshop. It is an HDR from just 2 shots, as this was all I needed to capture the light range of this scene. Processing this image in total was about 1 and half hours work.

6 comments:

  1. Really awesome shot Pete. I like this a lot. Great lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure this modern structure really fits in with the more historical, and pleasing to the eye, building behind. Nicely captured though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot Pete. I tried to identify the building. Google maps shows the area as a construction site with nothing there. How interesting! Anyway, I like the contrast that you've captured...old and new. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice capture which contrasts Liverpool's history Pete. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the kind comments today! The stats say this has been a record breaking viewing stats day (I'll word that better next time), which is probably due to my pictures on HDRspotting, but I like to think this picture helped as well. It's still a new website so no reason not to break that record again soon!

    Special thanks to Mark for having a stab at finding the name of the building, much appreciated! I'm glad people have picked up on the contrast of old and new, as that certainly was the intention with this photograph.

    Thanks again to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done, postprocessing is TOP!

    ReplyDelete