Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Still Waters of Hungerford

I was going to tell a story today of a time I once visited this location but to be honest, I have been so busy house-hunting recently that I do not have the time or energy to tell that story. I honestly want to do that story justice, as it was quite a learning curve in my photographic tuition, so I promise that when I post a picture from this location again, which will be on Sunday, I will tell the story I'm promising now.

However, I can say that this is the Kennet & Avon Canal, as it runs through Hungerford in West Berkshire, and I have been here before to try and get good pictures. I love how still the water is in this area and when I visited this place on Saturday, it didn't disappoint. The still waters produced a perfect reflection in the evening sky and I loved the canal boats in the distance, blowing out smoke, while trying to keep warm in the cold winter air. My only regret for this evening was that I only brought along my new sigma 10-20mm lens, and would have brought along my standard 18-105mm kit lens if I had known these canal boats would be there. I would have loved to have got in closer from this perspective but at least that's a lesson learned. I still would have wanted to take this wider picture anyway, with the clouds reflected in the canal so I'm happy with this picture as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment